Saturday, September 29, 2007

15:32

I woke up this morning and knew I was going to go for a run. I got up, fooled around on the computer, and then got on my running clothing and walked out the door. Armed with my watch and my kick-ass running playlist on my shuffle, I took off for the 2-mile loop I walk most mornings with my friend Elise. I haven't run for a week or more and I was happy that this wasn't terrible. I ran for just over 15 minutes and, more importantly, to the location I wanted to reach- the intersection of Adelaide & Ocean.

Why is it some mornings I have no problem getting up and going for a run (or any workout) and other days I cannot motivate myself to do a single thing? This morning what I had working in my favor was that I didn't have to work and my day was wide open until 1pm. I also genuinely wanted to go for a run. I didn't have anyone waiting for me. I didn't have anything I had to get done immediately. And I felt the desire to get out there and did just that.

The run itself felt good. I wanted to go longer, to run farther, but I did what I did...which was the longest I've run in a very long time. I'm still planning on running the 5k race on October 21st. I figure it can't hurt, right? Obviously it won't be the best race I've ever run in, but I'm okay with that.

Two more things:
1. My friend and yoga teacher Mandy teaches a spin class as well and I've really been wanting to try it for a while. In fact it was a goal of mine to try a spin class with Susannah in the month of September...well that's almost done and I still haven't done it. But Mandy emailed yesterday to see if I was up for trying spinning next Thursday and would I give her a ride to class. So I said yes! I am going to do a spin class and then do yoga. Should be interesting! And insane. I really am up for the challenge and I'm glad that Mandy emailed- it was just the push I needed to make this happen.
2. I got a blackberry on Wednesday and I'm really trying to determine if this is a good thing for me or not. I'm thinking it's not...but I'm taking the 30 days I get to return it without penalty to really determine. I'm not sure I want to be that connected all the time- so keyed into my work email and my personal email and have access to anything I want on the Internet at any single second of the day. At a time of my life when I'm trying to learn to relax more and take time for me, I'm not sure I need a device by my side that will without a doubt cause me to be more tied to my work and the Internet. I've already wasted entirely too much time trying to learn how to use the thing. Maybe I can just delete my work email from there and it'll be better? Who knows...I'm thinking though, that's for sure. I don't think having a blackberry will help me achieve balance in my personal and professional life though, that's one thing I know for sure

Tomorrow is a day of relaxing and watching TV with Audrey. I'm looking forward to doing basically nothing. My past few weekends have been really low-key and soooo nice. Come Monday I really do feel relaxed and ready to tackle the work week. It's amazing to not have a million and six things crammed into the week and on the weekends. This is a trend I will be continuing for sure!

Anyway, if you're reading this, I'm trying to find some new running songs. If you have a song that really motivates and gets you all pumped up, leave it in the comment section.

Until next time...here's for 18 minutes!

0 comments:

What's Already Been Said

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP